Terms & Conditions
There are several different "conditions of use" you need to be aware of, the following list represents our understanding of all that currently apply, however if any additional references are notified to us, they will be added to this page.
Please be aware if registering a domain name that your personal information (as defined by the Data Protection Act) will be passed on to the appropriate domain registry as part of the purchase, AND you are entering into a contract with the domain registry as well as us.
- Applying to all FutureServers products, are our own terms and conditions which can be seen below.
- Dot uk domain names are subject to Nominet UK's terms and conditions which you should familiarise yourself with (except .ac.uk and .gov.uk - see UKERNA below)
- If you are using a "TLD" (.com, .net, .org, .biz or .info) or other specific country domains excluding UK (.at, .be, .ca, .cc, .cn, .de, .dk, .es, .fr, .it, .mobi, .name, .nl, .tv or .us) you should refer to the TuCows OpenSRS rules, and be aware of the ICANN Registrant Rights and Responsibilities and the ICANN UDRP (dispute procedure).
Please also note that some of these domains have requirements to submit information to us or others by Fax or Letter.
- For "Alternative" domains, please refer to the CentralNic rules.
- For "dot ac.uk" and "dot gov.uk" domains UKERNA/JANET guidelines apply.
- Should you be unhappy with the service we provide, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to or acknowledge all emails on the same business day, or if received after 4pm then on the next business day. In the unlikely event that you remain dis-satisfied you will be given the option to escalate a complaint to a director of the company for resolution; you will receive a response to your submission from the director within 3 business days.
Conditions of Use of Web Hosting products & Email services provided by FutureServers.
Note. "You" in the following document signifies "you, & your employees or agents".
- By completing your purchase, and/or logging into your account, or allowing files to be uploaded to it, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Registration of domain names is carried out on our clients' behalf on a "best endeavours" basis. There may be circumstances that mean we are unable to secure a requested domain name, even after it has been provisioned on our servers. Under these circumstances we will only be liable to offer a refund or to register an equivalent price domain name at the client's request.
- If payments due are not received on schedule, or are subsequently called back, FutureServers reserves the right to suspend, withdraw or cancel services without further notice.
- You may not store more data in your account than that allocated with your hosting product, however upgrades can be arranged quickly on request. Storing of additional data will be subject to charges.
- Your virtual server (including FTP access to it) is for your use only. You must not divulge the password to any other person, and you should take reasonable precautions to ensure that it is not discovered by other people.
- Domain and hosting renewals fall due on the renewal date. Domains for which we act as Registrar will be automatically renewed on your behalf as part of your contract with us, assuming payment has been received. Any cancellation or change to those services must be received in writing prior to the renewal date. If you cancel your account, no refunds will be made.
- Data stored on our servers is not guaranteed to be backed up, however backups are taken usually every twelve hours, and often older versions of files (since deleted) may be available in our daily/monthly backups. A charge may be made for recovery of file(s). It is recommended that you keep an independent backup of all data stored on your webspace.
- You may not run server processes (eg. talkers/IRC Bots) from your virtual server.
- Shell accounts (telnet or ssh) are not available on virtual or Lo-Load web hosting packages, except at the discretion of FutureServers.
- We shall not be held liable for any loss or damages caused by the use or misuse, unavailability or removal of services.
- When your account is closed, all files (including web pages) will be deleted.
- We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice.
- To protect your privacy we never distribute your name or e-mail address to any third parties.
- Users must not participate in any form of un-solicited bulk e-mailing or spam. If you have a legitimate requirement to bulk e-mail you must contact us first.
- The System Panel is provided to enable you to configure email or web services only. Any attempt to abuse the System Panel will result in your account being terminated.
- If your site uses excessive bandwidth that has an adverse effect on other clients we reserve the right to disable your site until you can reduce your bandwidth usage, and bill you for bandwidth used over and above your allocation.
- Each hosting product includes a set bandwidth. If you exceed this usage you may be required to upgrade your hosting account to cover bandwidth used.
- As a general guide, virtual hosting accounts are recommended for sites requiring up to 20GB of data per month, Lo-load hosting accounts are recommended for sites requiring up to 150GB of data per month, and for busier sites consideration should be given to using a dedicated server.
- If you exceed your bandwidth allocation, additional charges may be made. The standard charge is currently £4.50 per GB + VAT.
- Commercial use of our hosting and email services is permitted.
- You will be responsible for the content of your web site and emails, including obtaining the legal permission for any works they include and ensuring that their contents do not violate UK law.
- Purchase, transfer, renewal and use of domain names on FutureServers equipment will comply with the relevant Nominet, TuCows OpenSRS, CentralNic and ICANN rules and guidelines as amended from time to time and published on their respective web sites. Links to these can be found at the top of this page.
- We do not make a charge to transfer domain names away from our servers, however such transfers will only be effected once all outstanding invoices from Web of Knowledge Limited t/a FutureServers have been settled in full.
- You will be held responsible for, and accept responsibility for, any defamatory, confidential, secret or other proprietary material available via your web site or email.
- We reserve the right to remove material deemed inappropriate from your web pages, without prior notice. FutureServers do not allow their servers to be used for any illegal purpose.
- By default, all emails through our servers are examined electronically for virus content. Any suspect emails may then be subject to individual scrutiny by one of our security team. To opt out of this service, please email our admin department - we cannot guarantee emails are totally virus free and strongly recommend the permanent use of active anti-virus protection on any computer connected to the Internet.
- By default, all email accounts on our servers are screened from persistent senders of SPAM and UBM. To opt out of this service, please email our admin department - we cannot guarantee you will never receive junk emails, but their occurrence should be reduced by our efforts.
- In all cases (except where proscribed by law) liability to or in respect of a client shall not exceed the monies paid to us by that client in the preceeding 12 months.
- We reserve the right to amend and update these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. The last update was on 6 October 2014.